The Trafigura Foundation supports the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the global development agenda set by the United Nations aiming at ending poverty, protecting the planet and ensuring peace and prosperity for all.
We embrace the ambitious vision of the SDGs to better communicate our philanthropic strategy, identify key partners targeting common challenges and frame in a more universal way our scope.
To this extent, we have identified three SDGs that express in a universal language the key priorities addressed by our areas of action. These are SDG 8, SDG 12 and SDG 13.
We pursue some of the specific targets which are enclosed in the description of each SDG. In this page you can find a summary of those specific objectives that we aim to achieve through our action in the field of Fair and Sustainable Employment and Clean and Safe Supply Chains.
For a full description of each SDG and its specific targets as described by the United Nations, click on the SDGs titles.
• Target 8.3 “Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalization and growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, including through access to financial services”.
• Target 8.5 “By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value”.
• Target 8.6 “By 2020, substantially reduce the proportion of youth not in employment, education or training”.
• Target 8.7 “Take immediate and effective measures to eradicate forced labour, end modern slavery and human trafficking and secure the prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labour, including recruitment and use of child soldiers, and by 2025 end child labour in all its forms”.
• Target 8.8 “Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular women migrants, and those in precarious employment”.
• Target 12.2 “By 2030, achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources”.
• Target 12.4 “By 2020, achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, in accordance with agreed international frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment”.
• Target 12.5 “By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse”.
• Target 12.6 “Encourage companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and to integrate sustainability information into their reporting cycle”.
• Target 13.3 “Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning”.
• Target 13.B “Promote mechanisms for raising capacity for effective climate change-related planning and management in least developed countries and small island developing States, including focusing on women, youth and local and marginalized communities”.
The Trafigura Foundation uses the SDGs icons in accordance with the SDGs guidelines.Expand / Collapse