The Trafigura Foundation supports the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the global development agenda set by the United Nations aiming at ending poverty, protecting the planet and ensuring peace and prosperity for all.
We embrace the ambitious vision of the SDGs to better communicate our philanthropic strategy, identify key partners targeting common challenges and frame in a more universal way our scope.
To this extent, we have identified three SDGs which encompass and express in a universal language the key priorities addressed by our areas of action.
Decent Work and Economic Growth:
• “By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value”.
• “By 2020, substantially reduce the proportion of youth not in employment, education or training”.
• “Take immediate and effective measures to eradicate forced labour, end modern slavery and human trafficking and secure the prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labour, including recruitment and use of child soldiers, and by 2025 end child labour in all its forms”.
• “Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular women migrants, and those in precarious employment”.
Sustainable Cities and Communities:
• “By 2030, provide access to safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable transport systems for all, improving road safety, notably by expanding public transport, with special attention to the needs of those in vulnerable situations, women, children, persons with disabilities and older persons”.
Responsible Production and Consumption:
• “By 2020, achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, in accordance with agreed international frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment”.
• “By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse”.
To learn more about the SDGs and their related targets click here.Expand / Collapse